Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Rihanna: Blonde on the cover of British Vogue!

The Grammy Award singer Rihanna, is blonde on the cover of November British Vogue in her Armani dress.


Here are some highlights from the interview:


On her sexed-up image:

" That’s not me. That’s a part I play. You know, like it’s a piece of art … I just want to make music. See, people especially white people – they want me to be a role model just because of the life I lead. The things I say in my songs, they expect it of me and being a role model became more of my job than I wanted it to be. But no, I just want to make music. That’s it. Look, God doesn’t give any more than you can handle. I had to get through a lot of ups and downs  big downs  and a lot of trial and error to get where I am now. "

On Her Favorite Designers:

" Stella McCartney is so much fun and so inspiring, I adore her. Oh my God, when I first woke up to Christopher Kane with that collection he did with gorillas? I was like, who on earth is making this perfect sh-t? He is the best! "

On Her Style:

 " I don’t ever want to be a theme because then it belongs to someone, and that’s not right. I want to cultivate something that’s part of my personal swagger  whatever my mojo tells me, that’s what I’m going to do. "

On Loving The “ C-Word :

"  It’s funny. The word is so offensive to everyone in the world except for Bajans. You know African Americans use the n-word to their brothers? Well that’s the way we use the c-word. When I first came here, I was saying it like it was nothing, like, “Hey ****,” until my make-up artist finally had to tell me to stop. I just never knew. "

More pics below:



0 comments:

Post a Comment