Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Captain Schettino of Costa Concordia and Captain De Falco of Italian Coast Guard Telephone Conversation


Here is the official transcript of the call between Captain Schettino and Captain De Falco of Italian Coast Guard:



DeFalco:
“Listen Schettino, There are people trapped on board. Now you go with your boat under the prow on the starboard side. There is a pilot ladder. You will climb that ladder and go on board. You go on board and then you will tell me how many people there are. Is that clear? I’m recording this conversation, Cmdr. Schettino…”

Schettino:
“In this moment, the boat is tipping…”

DeFalco:
“Look Schettino,”perhaps you have saved yourself from the sea, but I will make you look very bad. I will make you pay for this. Get on board, damnit!”

Schettino:
“Commander, please…”

DeFalco:
“Are you refusing to go aboard commander? Can you tell me the reason why you are not going?”

Schettino:
“I am not going because the other lifeboat is stopped.”

DeFalco:
“You go aboard. It is an order! Don’t make any more excuses. You have declared ‘abandon ship.’ Now I am in charge. You go on board! Is that clear? Do you hear me? Go, and call me when you are aboard. My air rescue crew is there.”

Watch the video below:

0 comments:

Post a Comment