Monday, September 26, 2011

Sean Maher: Yes! I am Gay!

He is best known for role on "Firefly", "Make It or Break It" and now the Playboy Club. The hunky actor, Sean Maher made the admission in his interview with Entertainment Weekly.

" It's so liberating. It was interesting to be coming to have a conversation that I was always afraid to have. This is my coming out ball. Ive been dying to do this" maher tells the Magazine.



On his interview, the actor says he was never asked about his sexuality in the past, but painted " a different picture" than the truth whenever the topic was remotely broached.


" Im 22, I move to L>A, and it's such a cliche, but the day I arrive, publicist from the show took me out to The Ivy for lunch. They're telling me, ' You know, gosh, we'd really appreciate it if you could keep your girlfriend on the side because we want to appeal to the female demographic of the show." He says.

That time,Maher was afraid to come out over the years because he wanted to get leading man roles.

" I'm thinking, What is the potential that if they caught wind that they had cast a hay lead actor that they would fire me? I was young, I was 22. I didn't know anything. So that sort of started the idea of, okay, well, I'm working a lot, I guess I'll just keep that the gay part of my life on the back burner for now. I went so far as to sleep with women a couple times. It was a very confusing time for me."

Remaining in the closer was so "exhausting and miserable" Maher concludes, and his role on The Playboy Club, in which he actually play a closeted married man, finally made this decision easy.

"I was working on other stuff and then this role came up, which was like a light bulb going off. I was like, this is perfect. I want to do this, and I want to use it as a platform to come out."

Maher, 36 years old lives in Los Angeles with his partner named Paul. They have two kids, Sophia Rose- 4 years old and Liam Xavier- 14 months.

0 comments:

Post a Comment